Monday, February 27, 2012

Clean Monday in Malia and Sissi, Crete

Clean Monday, the day before Lent begins, and a 40 day fast leading up to Easter, for the devoted that is. Personally, beans for 40 days doesn't wash it.

This is how David and I spent the day. First we met Lydia and Mark in Malia, where we flew our kites. Great fun! Then back to Sissi and bean soup (very good bean soup I must say) on the harbour together with the locals. It was the first time David and I had spent a traditional Clean Monday together, and we had a lovely day out.

The boys at the end of the video, Zakharias, Stathis and Alex, looked great in their costumes. They sang, 'All we are saying, is give Greece a chance,' for me in English - great lads, thanks. Watch out for another video with them singing.

I missed cello practice today, but will make up for it tomorrow. The day was worth it.

Bye for now,
Love Jane x

No comments: